Tuesday, April 26, 2011
- 7AM: Waking up in the morning, gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl gotta have cereal-seeing everything the time is going
Ticking on and on everybody’s rushing. Gotta get down to the bus stop. Gotta catch my bus.
—-That is legitimately what happened word for word. Thank you Rebecca Black for putting it in song form.—-
- 8AM: On the Bentley Shuttle…falling asleep with my Ipod on. It’s on shuffle playing all this party music with rowdy bass going on. Can’t handle it. It’s too early for that. Manually switch to Nujabes for calming, soothing music. Long live Nujabes.
- 8:40AM: WTF Stupid traffic. I’m going to be late to work. Stupid fog. What the heck it was a gorgeous Sunday. Why couldn’t it have stayed that way?!
- 8:45AM: The dude next to me on this overcrowded subway kinda stinks. Will hold my breath for the next 20 minutes until I need to switch to the Green line.
- 8:47AM: He needs to unglue his eyes away from my arse. Kay thanks.
- 9:10AM: Get a WTF look from my co-worker as I grace the office with my “MC Hammer Pants.” If you don’t know what I’m talking about please see my most recent profile picture haha
- 11:30AM: Get to the Hampshire House in Boston, where the UNICEF Women’s Luncheon is being held. This place is so cute. Oh look, Cheers was an actual bar? Here? Cool.
- 12:30PM: Here comes the ladies all blinged out in their “probably-as-expensive-as-my-college-tuition” clothing.
- 12:31PM: Want to steal this lady’s dress.
- 12:31:30PM: Oh, she’s the wife of the owner of Karmaloop.com. Figures.
- 12:33PM: She is so beautiful, successful, wealthy, and even funny and down-to-earth. Dang it. She is so cool–> Developing a lesbian crush on her. Can’t stop staring at her. Okay, I’m a creep.
- 1PM: So hungry. Gobble this fancy schmancy salmon salad with all these fancy schmancy utensils. Yum.
- The guest speaker is actually very interesting. And he’s a good looking man for someone with age…with an Aussie accent. Mmm..
- 5PM: Prepping to go to the cocktail reception at the house of Greg, the CEO of Karmaloop.
- The most gorgeous apartment in Boston I’ve ever seen.
- 6:30PM: Mad hipsters strolling in. They’re kind of pretentious. Isn’t that totally contradictory of the what a hipster stands for? I don’t get it.
- Chanelle, the other intern, and I are sipping on some good wine and the in-house waiter serves us delicious Russian appetizers.
- 7:30PM: Feelin warm and fuzzy…More wine….
- Eat calamari. I don’t understand why it’s so expensive? They’re good but I don’t think I would pay an extravagant amount for them. Or maybe it’s just cus I don’t have that kind of money? Yeah…
- Greg shakes my hand and tells me to keep up the good work and that I’m doing a great job. What a chill dude.
- He strolls by occasionally to crack jokes and we talk. Asks me if I’ve ever heard of Karmaloop. “Of course I have!” Gives me his business card and asks if I ever want an internship to contact him. Warmly accept his card and firmly shake his hand and coolly say, “Thank you.” But inside, I am trying to suppress myself from bursting in song of excitement.
- 8:40PM: Go back to Harvard Square to catch the bus.
- 9PM: Miss the bus.
- Go to CVS and read magazines until the next bus comes in an hour. Pick up magazine with Justin Bieber on the cover.
- 9:30PM: 14 year old comes in and picks up the same one. . .
- 9:50PM: Go to bus stop again. . . only to see it already has left. Wtf it’s early?!?
- Wait again…. Thank God I brought “Let the Great World Spin” to read. It’s such a well-written and compelling book.
- 10:50PM: Back to the bus stop… IT LEFT EARLY AGAIN. LOOVE my luck.
- Nick, is my savior of the night, and comes to pick me up. I feed him Cocoa Puffs in return for being an awesome person.
- 12AM: Watch an episode of Friends Season 2. One of the best TV series still to date.
- Night Night. =)